My name is Jan, I’ve been running my own company for over a decade and I’ve gone through ups and downs in the business just like anyone else.
Now, fast forward, i am ticking 4th decade on my clock and I said to myself it would be a good idea to share some of the experiences I’ve been fortunate enough to go through so far.
I had time to sit back and think about what I was able to live through, learn and I want to share some of those thoughts and experiences with others as it might help and save time/money/energy.
I will give you a bit of my business background and also my passions.
January 2023 I am entering 13 years of running my company. Prior to this company I was an entrepreneur before. What I have to disclose that I was never an employee, however, as a business I was for some time on the side of being a distributor (i.e. being a customer of another company).
So I can see and feel both sides. Being a company that sells something and being a distributor that is on the other side.
During those years, my company reached about 30 countries around the world, mainly Europe, America and some countries in Asia.
As a brand, my company was in charge of the physical distribution of the product, marketing, opening new markets, finding the right entities as distributors, logistics of the physical product, production and manufacturing, R&D, sales, opening and managing a subsidiary in the USA, and so on.
What I can say is that, in addition to all of the above, my company operates in the health and sports sector.
That also means that a big part of my life is the optimization of sport/health and movement.
Besides all that my great passion is to follow and the last 6-7 years I am also dedicating my time to the following topics:
1) fixing money –> fixing the world. I went down the bitcoin rabbit hole during the blocksize wars (2016/2017) and since then I’ve been digging deeper and deeper. All that led me to how to do private transactions and how to leverage it for everyday life.
2) Business productivity optimization: how to optimize processes and become more efficient. Using apps and AI for everyday work. How to open a branch in other countries. Some hacks on how to run a business in different environments on different continents.
3) Travel hacks – As I mentioned earlier, opening new markets requires constant travel. I was living on a plane and in “hotels” for 10 whole years. There were years where I was traveling 200-250 days a year.
With that amount of travel I managed to optimize some actions and created hacks on how to travel more effectively, easily, etc…..
4) Hand in hand with traveling and living everywhere and nowhere I realized that there is a need for global optimization of my life and that one country cannot compete with the offers that other countries can give you. Optimizing where to live, where to have a residence, where to pay taxes, where to have a company, where to have bank accounts, where to pay health insurance, etc…
5) With so many trips I experienced multiple incidents at many different levels. This led me to look into privacy and security. This encompasses not only security of operations, but also security of information. It is a very complex topic and I will try to share tips and tricks for physical and digital security and privacy too.
6) Health optimization – this is a topic that is closely related to me. I will try to share how to stay fit, what health hacks are ideal to apply while traveling, what you should do every day, no matter where you are. Some gadgets that help you reach your goal, the right nutrition no matter if you are in Europe, USA or Latin America, etc….
Later in the blog I want to go step by step and share those optimizations and knowledge that I now use automatically.
I am open to exchange experiences and share knowledge.
I believe that quality is more than quantity and I will try to write condensed blogs full of valuable information.